We recognise that our customers want to stay connected.
Whether that means updating Facebook, Tweeting, listening to music, streaming videos and films or just browsing the Internet, choosing the right broadband plan can help you save money and avoid going over your inclusive monthly data allowance.
However we understand that sometimes this does happen, which is why we have introduced a new service called ‘automatic usage control’. The key benefits of this are:
- Staying in control of your usage
- Saving money if you accidentally go over your inclusive broadband allowance
NEW automatic usage control
This new service will help you manage your broadband usage, so should you exceed your monthly broadband data allowance, we will automatically give you extra FREE data to help you stay in control of your spend. Here’s how it works:
- Additional broadband usage, outside of your inclusive bundle and any current bolt-ons, is charged at 30p per GB up to £5
- Once you have spent £5 on broadband usage we will apply the new automatic usage control
- This then gives you additional FREE data of up to 50GB
- This additional data will last for 30 days AND can be carried over to your next billing month if you don’t use it.
- So now you’ll only be charged £5 for 50GB of additional usage, saving you money.
How much broadband data am I using?
With the average household in Jersey now connecting up to 15 devices at the same time, it can be difficult to keep a handle on your household’s data usage as no one user is the same. Some online activities don’t use much data, whereas others are much more data hungry.
To help understand your usage needs, we have created a handy table to give you an idea of some of the more common things you do online and how much data it might use:
Please note data usage varies by device, this guide is based on averages and estimates only. The actual amount of data used in every activity can and will vary.
You might also find the ‘JT My Account’ mobile app useful. This gives you the freedom to manage your account on the go. And better still you can actually track your broadband usage in ‘real time’, set up usage alerts, apply usage bolt-ons and view your monthly bills.
- Manage your account on the go.
- Track your usage and set up usage alerts to help you stay in control.
- View and pay monthly bills with ease.
Download the FREE App to your device now and sign in using your online billing username and password.
Download the iOS App now Download the Android App now