Understanding your first bill
When you first join JT and request for services to be added on a new account, your first bill will be different than your following bills. This will be because we charge rental up front and we also charge a pro-rated amount from the day the services is added up until the bill date. For example, if your bill is dated 15th of the month and you added your services on 10th, your next bill will be run on 16th at 00:00:00, and you’ll be charged for that period (10th – 16th) as well as the total rental charges in advance for the period 16th this month – 15th next month.
Please note the following: The reason the date mentioned is the day after the date stated bill on your bill is because we run the full time period up until 00:00:00. So for bills dated 10th of the month we charge up until 11th at 00:00:00.
Understanding your current JT bill
Your bill will give you a breakdown of your services, such as:
- Your monthly service charges. For example, mobile, broadband and landline.
- Your mobile device payments.
- Any credit, such as adjustments for offers or pro-rated service charges.
If your bill amount isn’t what you were expecting, look at your bill to check:
- If any of your contracted charges, such as mobile device payments have finished.
- If you have added or changed any plans or services.
- If there are any roaming charges.
- If there are any usage charges (you can contact us to add a summary to your bill which will show local calls, international calls, calls to mobiles, texts and data etc).
- If you’re still not sure about the charges, please contact us.
My bill is showing a brought forward balance
A brought forward balance is an amount owing from a previous bill(s) which is listed on your current bill.
You may have a balance brought forward because of the following reasons:
- Have you paid your previous bill total in full?
- Did you make payment for your previous bill(s) after the date at the top of your bill? E.g did you pay your bill on 29th month when the bill was calculated on 28th of the month?
If you answered ‘Yes’ to either of these questions this is likely to be the reason why the balance is brought forward to your current bill.
To prevent a brought forward balance in the future we’d suggest setting up a direct debit.
To set up a Direct Debit please download and fill out this Direct Debit Form
Can I change my bill date?
You can select which date you’d prefer your Direct Debit payment to be taken, and you can change this anytime by contacting us
||Direct Debit Date
||28th of the same month
||5th of the following month
||9th of the following month
||11th of the following month
I have changed my bill date
We charge all service charges in advance, which means prior to the bill date change, you’ll have already been charged for a full month ahead. The first bill you receive after the bill date change will have no service charges, and if you’ve used your service outside of the allowance or plan terms then the invoice will only include those usage charges.
The second bill you receive after the bill date change will have service charges from the days in between the old bill date and the new bill date plus a months’ service charge in advance as the billing period has been reset.
Please download our free 'JT My Account' app to monitor your bills in real time and if you can’t find the answer you need, please use our in app live chat for help.
How long is left on my device rental?
Please contact us
with your account details and one of our team will be happy to let you know how long you have left on your device rental.
Can I have a summary of charges?
No problem, please get in touch to request a summary page and we will add it to your bill.
What is an associated account credit?
You may see 'Total associated account credits' listed on the last page of your bill. These are credits which have been raised by the automated billing system when it's calculating your bill. The system identifies charges which have been listed though should have been included within your service plan and therefore raises a credit to cancel this out.
How can I view my bill online?
Your online account enables you to view and manage your account services anytime. Follow these steps to view your bills online:
Log-in to the JT My Account portal here: https://secure.jtglobal.com/
Select the option you’d like to view from the ‘My Bills’ section.
Alternatively, download the free ‘JT My Account’ app to manage your account and services whenever it suits you.
How do I get my free 'JT My Account' app?
- Start by creating your online account. You’ll need your JT account number (at the top of your bill) and an email address.
- Follow this link https://secure.jtglobal.com/ and select 'Register Account'.
- Download your JT My Account for free
How can I pay my bill?
The best way to pay your bill is to set up a monthly Direct Debit. Your monthly bill total will be automatically taken from your bank account each month, so it’s convenient and secure, and you don’t have to worry about a brought forward balance being listed on your bill the following month.
Pay by Direct Debit
To set up a Direct Debit please download and fill out this Direct Debit Form
. Return it to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
or drop it into our JT Store, 18 Queen Street and one of our team will be happy to make the account changes.
Pay using your free 'JT My Account' app
Download your free 'JT My Account' app to help you manage your account and services.
Pay by bank transfer
You can pay your bill by bank transfer using these details.
Account number: 72822318
Payment reference: YOUR JT ACCOUNT NUMBER
Pay over the phone
You can pay your bill with a credit or debit card using our automated phone system by calling 01534 882882, option 2, option 2.
Please have your account number to hand.
Pay by cash
You can pay by cash at The Post Office, Broad Street, St Helier.
Please take a copy of the bill you're paying with you.
Late payment fee
Please note that from January 2019, a Late Payment Fee will be incurred for any late payments. For Consumer Services, a Late Payment Fee of £7.88 will be applied to any Charges due in relation to Consumer Services that have not been settled within 30 (thirty) days from the date of the invoice. The best way to avoid this charge is to sign up for Direct Debit today. For more details on the Late Payment Fee please refer to the Late Payment Fee Schedule which can be found here.
To set up a Direct Debit please download and fill out this Direct Debit Form. Return it to us by emailing email@example.com or drop it into our JT Store, 18 Queen Street and one of our team will be happy to make the account changes.
Should you have any queries in relation to this or have concerns about your payments, please email our Credit Control team at CreditControlInbox@jtglobal.com or contact us on 01534 882702 and they will be happy to help you.
We won't disconnect your services without trying to contact you first. We understand that circumstances beyond your control can sometimes affect your ability to pay your bill on time so please do call our Credit Control team to speak about setting up a payment plan on 01534 882702. The process is as follows:
- You receive your bill;
- You have 30 days to pay your bill, after which a Late Payment Fee will be added to your next bill;
- During the 14-day period after your second bill (the bill on which the Late Payment Fee appears), a member of our Credit Control team will try to call you to speak about your bill;
- If one of our team is unable to speak to you during those 14 days, automated 'Outgoing Call Barring' will be set on the 15th day; and
- 1 week from the date that 'Outgoing Call Barring' was activated, if no payment is made your services will be disconnected and your account sent to our debt collection agency.