JT has seen a 100% increase in customers’ data usage while abroad since reducing roaming rates by 95% at the start of the summer.
JT was the first local telecommunications provider to introduce significant roaming reductions. This means that customers are enjoying savings of up to 85% when compared to other local providers. Plus with a roaming ‘bolt-on’ JT customers can now roam for as little as 10p per MB in the UK and France.
On average customers have already doubled their communications activity while roaming. They make 20 minutes of outbound calls, send 33 texts and are now using 145 MB of data. This is equivalent to streaming close to 5 hours of music on Spotify.
Now, also with the introduction of 4G roaming only from JT, JT is the first to offer the most flexible and cost effective all round roaming offer. Plus, with super-fast connectivity. For customers travelling to the UK and Europe, downloading maps, accessing emails or sending large attachments and uploading holiday snaps, it is as quick and easy as it is at home.
Dominic Vye, JT’s Head of Commercial Development, said: “It is excellent to see islanders taking full advantage of reduced roaming rates while on holiday this summer. We specifically launched our reduced rates before the summer holidays started. This was so families, travellers and holidaymakers could take full advantage of the reduced charges this summer. We still encourage all our customers to roam responsibly while abroad. Please ask in store if you have any questions.”
As the Channel Islands are not part of Europe, local operators are still charged to connect their customers by the international telecoms companies.
NOTES TO EDITORS
- JT introduced the option for customers to cap their data roaming so they can limit their usage to no more than £50 worth of data. JT also has other ways to control spending, including:
- JT’s FREE Apps, which let customers monitor their usage in near real time.
- Adding a Roaming bolt-on to their account for just £5 per month will further reduce data charges to as little as 10p per MB in the UK and France.
- Using Wi-Fi whenever possible is another way to control costs.
- Plus JT Fibre customers can access over 20 million FREE JT Fon Wi-Fi hotspots around the world.
Issued by Hannah Reed at Direct Input. Telephone 01534 735253 or email email@example.com for more information.