The streets of Jersey are being brought to life this August with the sounds of some of the Island’s best young music talent. Thanks to JT’s Music Moments FREE ‘pop-up’ mini-gigs.
Organised by the long-term headline sponsor of Jersey Live, JT, passers-by are being treated to impromptu live performances. This includes some of Jersey’s most talented home-grown local musicians, bands and singers at different spots all around the Island. Because of this success more mini-gigs planned for the pavements of St Helier and St Aubin throughout August.
Three of the recent JT Music Moments performers said:
Kacey Hacquoil (Kacey’s Music Moment)
“I think it’s great that JT are getting out and about and giving the youngsters a chance to play in public. It really helps our confidence as performers and it is good fun.”
David Keenan (David’s Music Moment)
“The JT Summer of Music is a great campaign to showcase a range of local performers to the public. I’m sure a nice touch for passers by to enjoy some home grown talent… Looking forward to Jersey Live now!”
Gavin Tate (The GaaGaas) (Gavin’s Music Moment)
“Thanks for getting me involved with the JT Summer of Music campaign for Jersey Live. It’s always a pleasure to play and support the local scene whenever I’m in town!”
Tamara O’Brien, Head of Marketing at JT explained what it’s all about:
“We’ve been really surprised by just how the public have got behind the JT Music Moments idea. It started as a way for us to help provide opportunities for some of Jersey’s brilliant local youngsters to perform their music to live audiences in unusual locations. So far, of the 15 pop-up gigs, we’ve seen a staggering 676 likes from the videos and 15,882 views. Therefore, this shows just how popular these young artists are. We’re running the free gigs right up until Jersey Live. Also, we’re pleased to offer opportunities for more younger people to attend Jersey Live with our new ‘kids-go-free’ customer promotions launched today.
“Music Moments is a way to celebrate the high standard and wide variety of music talent that exists in our Island. Our JT Summer of Music programme offers young people the chance to get up on stage in front of audiences to gain exposure and experience. We build up to the ultimate event of our programme of music sponsorship for 2016, Jersey Live in September. We hope the remaining performances inspire others to keep on pursuing their music ambitions. Please join us in celebrating all that Jersey’s music scene has to offer.”
Look out for the next JT Music Moments
- Wednesday 17th August – Josh Hearman at Weighbridge Place at 5pm
- Friday 19th August – Kacey Hacquoil at St Aubin’s Parish Hall 1.30pm
- Saturday 20th August – David Keenan King Street (outside BHS) 1pm
- Monday 22nd August – Chaz Chapman in The Royal Square at 1pm
- Wednesday 24th August – Craig Smith / One Poet outside JT in Queen Street 1.30pm
- Friday 26th August – Owen Wilson at Liberation Station at 9am
Each Music Moment is posted to the JTSocial Facebook. JT is encouraging people watching them to post their own clips of the performances for a chance to win a prize from JT worth £1,000. But, also to help these singers raise their profile. JT has been the headline sponsor of Jersey Live for 11 years. The JT Stage has always provided a stage for local bands and talent to perform alongside seasoned professionals and visiting bands.
|JT’s Jersey Live customer FREE TICKET offers now include:
– Kids go FREE – up to 2 kids go free with every FREE WEEKEND ticket deal during August with selected Smartphones on a JT Pay Monthly mobile or JT One plan; or JT Fibre broadband plans
– FREE WEEKEND ticket for all Pay as you go customers when they top-up £99 in-store at JT.
– Refer-a-friend offer for anyone who has taken a JT FREE ticket to also get free food and drink vouchers to the value of £24 at Jersey Live when they refer a friend to JT’s FREE ticket deals.
More details are available here: www.jtglobal.com/JerseyLive
Issued by Pauline Ramskill, Direct Input. Telephone 01534 735253 or email Pauline@directinput.je